MASSAGE THERAPY SERVICES
I am only available on Thursdays & Fridays in Dawsonville at the moment. Please click the "Book an Appointment" Button to schedule a session!
Take time to unwind; Heal your body, Calm your mind!
Currently Available at LaVida Massage Cumming Sundays - Wednesdays. Call 678-947-4642 to schedule there.
I specialize in massage treatments customized to each individual person. My belief is that no two bodies are the same or respond to treatment the same way. I believe that pressure is subjective for each individual so communication is key during the session to ensure the proper pressure is being given. Each session starts off with an intake and a conversation to learn about your goals and reasons for seeking treatment. From there, we will devise a treatment plan based on your needs and how your body responds to the massage.
I have been a practicing Massage Therapist since 2005 after I attended Lake Lanier School of Massage where I learned various techniques such as Swedish, Neuromuscular, Prenatal, and Sports massage among others. I continue to enhance my technique through additional training for therapies such as Hot Stone, Percussion, and Thai stretching. Although I was professionally trained in 2005, I have always given massages to family and friends growing up so I was very excited to have learned that I could go to school for massage therapy and practice the art professionally. I have worked at a few different types of establishments such as chiropractic offices, massage chains, and spas performing thousands of massages on my clients.
I am passionate about caring and supporting my clients in their physical and mental well-being. In my sessions, I blend the most effective techniques to customize each treatment to meet your individual needs and preferences. I have a flexible range of pressure from light to deep. Although I am flexible in customizing each session to your needs, I specialize in headache/migraine tension and have helped many clients find relief for their neck and shoulder pain. I provide detailed massages on the hands, feet, and joints for arthritis pain. I love to perform full body massages as well as work on specific areas of pain and tension. The longer the session, the better as it allows the time to provide a more detailed massage.
Services & Pricing
Foot Scrub Upgrade
Hot Stone Upgrade
Massage has many benefits mentally, physically, and for various health conditions.
Massage can help with/to:
Increase Range of Motion
Decrease Blood Pressure
Relieve muscle tension
Customized massage sessions are based on your needs and the pressure desired. Your massage therapist may use various techniques such as swedish, cross fiber friction, deep muscle massage, myofacial release, neuromuscular therapy, postural integration, sports, and stretching to release tension and pain in the muscles and joints. Please let your therapist know what you would like to focus on and the pressure you prefer. All sessions are for the full length of 30, 60, 75, or 90 minutes.
Prenatal massage focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of pregnancy. It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation and general body tone, and relieves mental and physical fatigue. This massage is performed in the side lying position with cushions and pillows to prevent putting pressure on the abdomen.
Hot Stone Therapy is a more of a relaxing experience where smooth stones are heated and used during the massage session. The therapeutic effects of heat are used to relax muscles more deeply. Used as an extension of the therapist’s hands, the massage stones induces deep relaxation and provides a unique experience many find to be tremendously calming and centering.
Health Insurance, FSA, HSA Information
Can I use an HSA or FSA for Massage?
Not many traditional health insurance plans cover massage therapy, but some do. If you are interested in learning if your health insurance covers massage, all you have to do is call your Insurance carrier. Currently, I am not an in-network provider with any specific insurance carriers so you would need to be able to see any provider and submit a reimbursement claim directly to your insurance carrier. Here are a couple of important questions to ask your Insurance carrier:
1. Does my plan cover massage therapy services?
2. If yes, Do I need a prescription from a Doctor?
3. Can I go to any massage therapist or do I need to see a specific provider?
4. How do I submit a reimbursement claim?
Can I use an HSA or FSA for Massage?
In many cases, a massage will be covered by your HSA or FSA. Follow these steps to make sure you’re qualified.
1. reach out to your HR department or your HSA/FSA and ask if massage therapy is considered a covered treatment and if you need a prescription from your primary care doctor.
2. Once you’ve gotten the go-ahead from your employer or HSA/FSA, schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. You’ll need to first explain your specific symptoms. There are a wide variety of mental and physical conditions that could qualify for a massage. Stress-related symptoms, circulation issues caused by diabetes or hypertension, sciatica, arthritis, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, and chronic back pain are all examples that could qualify for massage therapy.
3. After you and your doctor have talked it over, you’ll need them to write a prescription for a massage. In your insurance’s eyes, this acts as proof that you actually need an HSA or FSA massage. Your prescription will need to include the following: ~A reason you need massage (medical necessity). ~ The number of sessions you'll require each month (usually 1-2 sessions a month). ~ Duration of treatment (usually 60, 75, or 90 minute sessions).
4. Once you have your prescription, schedule your appointment!!!
Get In Touch
Don't be a stranger, just say hello! Please feel free to get in touch with me should you have any questions or concerns. Fill in your info and drop a line below.